Have a boo-rific time at this EEK-o-friendly, healthy, green event! Stop in participating local businesses on the Green Pumpkin Trail to participate in free kids’ activities including a pumpkin patch and kids’ costume swap, and collect healthy treats.
Green Pumpkin Trail Stops
Start at the Visit Oak Park Gift Shop — 1010 Lake Street
- Pick up your Green Pumpkin Trail Map and Sticker Card. Collect stickers at the stops and receive a special treat at the end!
- Roaming princess & superhero characters, 12:00–2:00pm
Pumpkin Patch (Weather Permitting)
- Purchase and decorate a pumpkin with Wonder Works Children Museum on Westgate.
GREEN HALLOWEEN® Costume Swap Event at Sugarcup Trading — 110 N Marion Street, 12:00–4:00pm
How it Works:
- Drop off costumes during store hours starting now through Oct 18. You will receive swap tokens on the day of the event that will be used to obtain your “new to you” costumes. One complete costume equals one token. Share with others and bring as many used costumes as possible. Leftover costumes will be donated to a local charity.
- Kids’ costumes sizes 0–16 will be accepted. Sizes should be clearly marked.
- Costumes should be complete and must be clean, with no stains, rips or tears (unless part of the costume).
- We will host event outside with racks clearly marked.
- We request that hats and other head gear aren’t tried on.
Monster Mash on Marion
- Enjoy live kids’ music and light refreshments provided by Wells Street Popcorn.
Scary Storytelling at Ten Thousand Villages — 121 N. Marion Street, 1:30pm
Halloween Kids’ Movie at Lake Theatre — 1022 Lake Street
- FREE showing of Shrek, 10:00am
Free Professional photo with Halloween-themed Backdrop at Holiday Camera — 1047 Lake Street