Home for the Holidays
Saturday, December 21
Catch the old-fashioned holiday spirit and celebrate the season in Downtown Oak Park on Saturday, December 21st from 11am-3pm on Marion Street at Lake Street and North Boulevard.
– All events and activities are free.
- 10am – Join us for a FREE special showing of “It’s a Wonderful Life” at Lake Theatre – tickets available at Community Bank of Oak Park River Forest
- 11am–3pm – FREE Horse-drawn sleigh rides (board at 106 N. Marion)
- 11am–3pm – Stop in for a hot cocoa and cookie at the Warming Tent on Westgate
- noon–3pm – Santa will be out and about looking for photo-ops on his way to the North Pole (bring your camera)
- noon- 2pm – Dickensian Duo roaming
- noon–2pm – Holiday Carolers roaming the streets of Downtown Oak Park
With all of our exciting downtown destinations, we want to make sure parking is as simple as possible!
– Free metered/pay-by-space parking (3 hours max) and free garage parking the Friday after Thanksgiving and every Saturday from November 24 through December 22.
– Garage parking is always free on Sundays.
– Metered/pay-by-space is always free on evenings after 6 p.m. and all day Sunday.
– Lake & Forest parking garage is now open.
– Public valet locations on Lake Street & Marion Street/North Boulevard.
– Click here for parking map & more information.