Village of Oak Park now hiring!
Administrative Clerk – Part-Time, Village of Oak Park, IL
The Village of Oak Park, Illinois is accepting applications to fill a Part-Time Administrative Clerk
position in the Parking Division of our Development Customer Services Department. The Parking
Division oversees the operation of four municipal parking garages, as well as other parking resources that
include 100+ on and off-street lots, significant permit parking, and on-street metered/pay-station parking.
The ideal applicant will have excellent customer service skills, strong writing skills, have multitasking capabilities and be able to perform the following required tasks and activities:
• Act as a receptionist by answering the telephone and waiting on the general public, providing
information on departmental and Village policies and procedures as required;
• Provide information to the public and apply departmental policies and procedures in determining
completeness of applications, forms, records and reports;
• Type, word process and proofread a variety of documents, including general correspondence,
meeting minutes, agendas, reports, memoranda and statistical charts from rough draft,
recordings, or verbal instruction;
• Perform a wide variety of general clerical work including the maintenance of accurate and
detailed logs, records, verifying accuracy of information, researching discrepancies and recording
• Operate a variety of office equipment including copiers, postage meters, facsimile machines, and
computers; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain disk storage and filing and
maintain daily tickler system;
• Compile information and data for statistical and financial reports; maintain a variety of statistical
records; check and tabulate statistical data;
• Schedule meetings involving staff and other personnel or the public; and
• Copy information and prepare materials for mailings.
Compensation and Application
The compensation for this position is $16.05/hr. The part-time position operates out of the Oak Park
Village Hall, 123 Madison Street. The position entails a 20-25/hr. per week schedule, to be determined
with the successful candidate. For more information about this Part-time Administrative Clerk position or
to apply, visit: www.oak-park.us/jobs. Submit applications and resumes by mail to Human Resources,
Village of Oak Park, 123 Madison Street, Oak Park, IL, 60302; or by e-mail to HR@oak-park.us. This
position is open until filled. Applications will be accepted until October 16, 2019.