Marion Street, between Lake and North Boulevard
Savor art, food, wine, music, dance and all things authentically European at Downtown Oak Park’s Art dans la Rue on Tuesday, August 7, from 2 to 9pm.
MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
- Lake Theatre’s First Tuesday Film Club presents French film, “The Guardian” / 10am, noon & 7pm, 1022 Lake St.
- Claudia Hommel / 2-4pm, Marion St.
- Compass Rose Sextet / 4-6pm, Marion St.
- Radium Swing Band / 6-9pm, Marion St.
ART EXHIBITS ON MARION
- Art exhibit features Oak Park Art League artists’ French inspired work. / 2-9pm, Westgate Ave. at Marion St.
- Local artists display their artwork to purchase or admire. / 2 – 9pm, Marion St.
- Elizabeth Gaylord
- Oak Park Art District
- Twisted Sisters
- Expression Graphics
- Burundani Art & Soap
- Alouette Jewelry, Jamie McClellen
- Gems by Mims
- Fly’n Gypsy Arts
- Karen Light
- Dancing Krow Studio, Karen Schuman
- Ella Haas
- Turquoise and Gold + Interlude Art
- Tia Etu
- Practical Girl Designs
- Andria Post
- Eastgate Cafe
- Artistic face painting / 4-6pm
- Roaming mime / 3-5pm
- Madeline kids’ character / 3-5pm
- Can can dancers / 7pm
- Poodle Parade / 7pm, Sponsored by CarefulPeach Boutique, Marion St.
- Chalk artist / French art by Kevin Rasmussen
- French lessons / 2-9pm on Marion Street with Stacy Fifer from l’Institut français d’Oak Park
- Wine tent / Sponsored by CarefulPeach Boutique, Westgate & Marion St.
- Free rickshaw rides / Rickshaw Rick, 2-4:00pm, Marion St.
- Crepes / Magic Circle Crepes on Marion Street (Crepes also available at Puree’s Pizza, 1023 Lake St.)
- Beignets / French Quarter Beignets on Marion Street
- French Baked Goods / St Roger Abbey on Marion Street
- Baguettes & Wine / Lea French Street Food on Marion Street
- Gelato / Mancini’s, 1111 Lake St.
- French manicures / Polished Nails & Day Spa, 1036 Lake St.
- Chocolatier / Fannie May, 1020 Lake St.
- Check out French retail lines at CarefulPeach Boutique & Sugarcup Trading, and savor some macarons & coffee at Sugar Fixé Pâtisserie!
- Oak Park French Club / Marion Street
- Around OP: First United Methodist Church of Oak Park is hosting a free concert of French organ music on Tuesday, August 7 at 7:00 pm. The one hour concert will include pieces by Cuperin, Gigout, Dupre, Messiaen, and Franck and will conclude with the singing of La Marseillaise with the organ. The playground will be open, as will the windows, for the enjoyment of families with younger children. The concert is free and open to all. Refreshments will be offered in Fellowship Hall after the concert. First United Methodist Church is located at 324 N Oak Park Avenue, at the corner of N. Oak Park and Superior. For more information, call the church office at 708-383-4983.